- The behind the seat rear-mounted engine allows for an unobstructed view.
- The rear-wheel drive (each back tire moving independently through its own transmission) allows the ZTR mower to turn in its own footprint.
- In lieu of a steering wheel, two levers control speed and direction, giving a sharper turning radius.
- Their larger engines and mowing decks increases speed and covers a wider area in each direction in less time. Landscapers choose a zero-turn mower to enable them to quickly cut lawns and therefore create more income.
- ZTR mowers allow you to cut grass in tight spaces and effectively cut close to trees and other objects in your yard, eliminating the need for trimming.
- Some decks on commercial ZTR mowers include a revolutionary cutting system that allows for superior airflow discharge and enhanced cut quality, as well.
- The ZTR models with full-suspension will follow the contours of the lawn for the most consistent cut. The reduced shock also requires fewer repairs, adds durability and provides more comfort for the rider!
- This type of lawn mower can be more expensive than a traditional riding lawn mower, but it will save many hours of yard work.
A perfect blend of compact maneuverability and full-size performance, the Wildcat™ by SCAG is the complete package.
Come check out Suburban Lawn Equipment's full line of Scag ZTR mowers today!
Scag started production in 1983 in Mayville Wisconsin by the Metalcraft Company. Their first model was gear driven. In 1986, the Metalcraft Company bought Scag, and started to expand the mower line. Currently, well over 50 different products are offered. The quality of these machines has made Metalcraft the largest independent manufacturer of mowers in the USA.